Welcome to NM Patterns! Here is an overview of the various handicraft patterns that I create.
Pattern categories have their own gallery pages from which you can go to the individual patterns:
Please note that possible errata will appear on the page for the pattern in question as well as on the overview page Pattern Corrections.
My Design Philosophy
After having looked at and used numerous tutorials, free and paid patterns over the years, these are some of the aspects important to me in my own work:
- Images and diagrammes in addition to words.
- Meticulous and descriptive, rather a few more words than confusion and frustration.
- Room to make my own notes, whether on paper or screen, instead of very crammed pages.
Mistakes happen to all of us, but what matters the most is how we fix them:
- If you find an error that wasn’t caught prior to launch, please get in touch!
- I will make the necessary edits and send you the updated versions of digital patterns, if you have purchased when logged in as a registered customer. For this reason I recommend creating an account instead of using the guest-checkout option.
- All corrections will also appear on the Pattern Corrections page as well as on individual pattern pages.
You are also welcome to contact me with questions, if you discover yourself tangled up entirely. Please use my Contact page to get in touch and hopefully I’ll be able to get back to you within a few business days at the most.
Paper Or Digital?
My digital patterns come in two types:
- Printable PDF: to be printed onto paper at home.
- PDF intended for screen: to be used either as is or in an annotation app on your tablet. Have you heard of the GoodNotes app for iPad yet, to be used in combination with Apple Pencil? Marking your spot in a pattern and adding notes in various colours whilst saving paper takes crafting to a new level.
What’s the difference? The printable PDF is 300 dpi (dots per inch) and the screen version is 72 ppi (pixels per inch).
I look forward to offering patterns in paper format in the future. Please get in touch if you prefer these!
Pattern testers are golden! So much so that I will discuss with my bookkeeper how best to legally compensate you for your efforts, once business has picked up and I have the means to hire help.
Until then I welcome volunteers, if not to make an item from the pattern, but to read through my draft at the very least.
You can stay up-to-date with this through my email list “Perfectly Flawed” aimed at pattern testers only. Please sign up on the Newsletter page, even if you can’t be available at all times! Signing up to receive news doesn’t mean you commit to anything other than reading of my most recent need for assistance.
If you are interested in wholesale through your own shop, please use my Wholesale page to get in touch and we can discuss things further.
Last edited: 8 June 2022.